Update: We now know a fire that claimed the life of an elderly woman over the weekend was accidental. A State Police Fire Marshall determined the blaze on Murray Street in Larksville on Sunday was caused by an electrical malfunction. Florence Gosciewski died in the blaze, her husband John is still being treated for burns he received in the fire.
A fire early yesterday morning killed a 64 year old disabled Larksville woman and badly burned her 70 year old husband. John Gosciewski, was life-flighted to a burn center in Allentown after he was injured trying unsuccessfully to save his wife, Florence. It took about two hours for firefighters to get on top of the blaze at 42 Murray Street in Larksville. The first call for the two-alarmer came around 1:25 yesterday morning. The cause will be investigated.